Sorry, if anyone ever listened to Mystikal, you know the title is the name of one of his old songs. Lol for the hip-hop references...
Anyway...I was feeling down yesterday about still not having a job and I was wallowing a little bit in self-pity. I got up early this morning and decided to run outside. If anyone is familiar with Chicago, then you know we have beautiful biking and running paths that run right alongside Lake Michigan. I stopped running outside the last couple of weeks because I thought running on the pavement was giving me a little knee pain, but I felt like a little morning sunshine is exactly what I needed. And I was right! I think it is nearly impossible to feel depressed after a good workout, a beautiful sunny morning and a great fall breeze along the lake.
Another pro about doing C25K outside is that I can use Runkeeper to track my distance, pacing and calories burned. Runkeeper is a website and iPhone app that uses GPS to track your progress during physical activities. You just start it up on your iPhone or Android phone and continue with your activity (I use my iPhone for the music and my C25K app when I workout and it's also nice having a phone on you, just in case, when you're outside).
Here's my completed workout stats according to Runkeeper (I'm still on Week 2 of C25K):
I actually burned 317 calories, I forgot to link this run to my Runkeeper.com account that has my updated weight. But I don't think 1.68 miles is too bad! I feel like I've almost got the 90-second runs down, and I'm excited (and a little nervous) about the 3-minute runs coming in Week 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment