My name is Ashley and welcome to my blog! I thought it would be a good idea to start writing down my weight loss and exercise journey--so I have a "log" of sorts and I can share with other people. I am currently on Weight Watchers and trying to become a runner with the Couch to 5k program. I guess I should start out with a little background about myself:
This is my second time around on WW. The first time, I lost about 70 pounds in 8-9 months, without ever getting off my couch. I think I thought I was beating the system, being able to drop all the weight without exercising (something I wasn't fond off). Call me a diva, but I hated to sweat, hated to puff and pant--the whole process just didn't appeal to me.
So...no surprise, the weight came back on. I started teaching and with this new stressor in my life and without any exercise, over time I gained back 50 of those 70 pounds. So, eventually I started going back to my weight watchers meetings and knew I needed to do something diferent this time around. Through the WW message boards and other blogs, I discovered the Couch to 5K program, which sounded perfect to me!
So here I am, on Week 2 of C25k and Week 2 back on WW, so let the run begin!
Welcome to the world of diet/exercise blogging! I used to hate exercise, but now I LOVE IT. You can, too, I promise. Just keep looking for the activity that you like, don't try to do something because it's popular, or because you think you should. :-)
ReplyDelete