So, I've always wanted to run. In the mornings on the way to work, I would watch individuals running and think: "I would love to be able to do that!" However, I've always had this mental block when it came to exercise. I never thought I could stick to it, never knew where to start, so I just came up with excuse after excuse to not get off of the couch. I also thought I could never run--I always felt like I was way too heavy and would never be able to do it.
Finally, I pushed all my lame excuses aside and decided to get going on Couch to 5k. For those who aren't familiar with it, it's a running program that gradually steps you up over the course of 9 weeks, until you'll be able to run a 5k without stopping or walking. The focus isn't on how fast you can run--it's mostly about endurance. Which is good for me, because believe me: I run SLOWLY.
I'm on Week 2 of C25k, but I haven't been doing it for two weeks. I was so out of shape that I probably did Week 1 over and over again for a few months. Finally, after re-committing to WW, I stepped up to Week 2 this past week and surprised myself by being able to complete it: and without all the huffing and puffing and feeling like I was about to die. PROUD! :) Anyway, my plan is to repeat each week twice. So on this schedule, my last week will be the week of December 12th.
So those are my goals! I plan on posting about my WW journey as well and how I'm doing following the plan. I also plan to update everyone on how my Couch to 5k is going: pacing, mileage, etc (if I can get the apps on my iphone to work!) Speaking of iphone apps, I use a C25K app for iPhone and I would definitely recommend!
I too long to be a runner. I am still in the mental block phase, though. I hate how jiggly everything gets when I run. I need to find a bodysuit that holds everything in! Good luck on the C25K, I hear it's awesome.
ReplyDeletea few years ago I never thought I would be able to run. Now Ive completed 3 half marathons, a bunch of 5ks & Im training for my first triathlon! good luck & keep at it!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! I'm pretty excited about my fitness goals.
ReplyDeleteI saw your blog on the WW website. I'm also doing the couch to 5k. Like you I had to repeat week 1 a couple times, and I'm going to have to do week 2 again.
ReplyDeleteIt's an awesome feeling, isn't it?